In this episode, YOU will learn how to become a freelance designer or developer in 2021 💸
Gary is a designer, developer, and Scrimba teacher who once grew his freelance business from $3,000 a month to $100,000 a year.
This is how you can do the same, even if you have no experience:
- 00:30 Introduction
- 02:27 What does being freelance mean?
- 05:39 Winning your first customers
- 06:36 Learning to love UpWork and Fiverr
- 08:12 Why you need marketing (even if you hate it)
- 15:00 Setting and agreeing prices
- 19:30 Valuing yourself
- 22:08 Managing client expectations
- 25:20 Personal branding
- 29:45 Building the perfect portfolio (avoid skill bars)
- 34:34 Best technologies for freelancers?
- 35:40 Gary's biggest mistake
- 37:38 Are no-code tools like WebFlow a threat?
- 39:12 Quick-fire questions 🔥